Wednesday, October 8, 2008

i hope you're sitting down.

for those of you that know me, you're not going to believe what i'm about to tell you.  i hope you're sitting down, because you might just fall over or quit breathing momentarily.  

i am getting up at 5:30 in the morning to go walking.

breathe......

two unbelievable events occurring in the same sentence.  i know, it's crazy.  1) i am getting up early and 2) i am exercising!  i HATE to do both of those things, but it's time for a change.  i've got to take better care of myself, and my friend nellie is going to help me do that!

we met this evening at academy and bought new walking shoes.


did you know that academy has a bin of USED socks that you can borrow when you are trying on shoes????????  how nasty is that?  let's share toe jam and foot fungus with the entire world!  eww!!!!!!!!!  and if you notice the sign even calls these socks "soiled try-on socks"!  eww!!!!

i'm sure it's a trap to get people to buy new socks.  well it works!  i bought a package of clean, unsoiled white socks!



2 comments:

Lisa Howe said...

Good for you and Nellie too! You can do it!!! It is a lot easier to exercise when you are accountable to someone.

summer said...

I wish I lived, oh, I don't know, 1299 miles closer so I could walk with you both. So excited to hear about this! Keep it up. It gets easier! (or so I keep telling myself)