Sunday, November 30, 2008

i did it!!!

i finally learned how to knit!  i thought it would be fun to learn {don't ask me why} so i bought some yarn and a couple of needles, and asked lisa to teach me.  she gave me a quick lesson, and i just couldn't get it.  so i took another quick lesson from my intern, gina, and she was way too fast for me.  then i looked on the internet and found some step by step instructions.  that was a little more helpful.  i even bought a book that promised i could learn to knit in one day!!!  daryl just keeps laughing at me because it took me 6 days.  what can i say?  i'm a slow knitting-learner!  

but i think i've finally gotten the hang of knitting straight rows of stitches....sort of.  for some reason, i keep ending up with more stitches than i start with.  the first "scarf" i made started with 24 stitches and ended with 30!  it's got lots of holes where i dropped stitches, and somehow i even purled a row and didn't know i was doing it!  colby thinks it's awesome so i gave it to him to use as a blanket for his webkinz!  at least someone admires my work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your knitting was great! I don't think you have anything to worry about. It only took me about 35 years to reach your level. You are light years ahead of me. There is a lot you can do if you just master the knitting stich and the pearl stitch! Love you Ames! Lisa H. :o)