Sunday, November 23, 2008

rat pack

tonight was another first for me...i went to broadway-type show at the tulsa performing arts center!  it was so cool!  i love  any kind of music, so this was right up my alley!

sammy smor had 2 extra tickets to "the rat pack" so lisa smor and i got to go!  it was like being at the vegas show where frank sinatra, dean martin and sammy davis, jr. performed.  it was amazing how much these guys sounded like the real rat pack.  and the guy playing sammy looked A LOT like him, too!

unfortunately taking pictures with or without a flash was prohibited.  it was killing me not to take a picture because i love photographing my adventures and my everyday life!  i struggled through the entire first half of the performance with not sneaking my camera out and snapping just a quick little picture even if it was blurry.  i didn't care.  

i gave in to temptation and took out my camera.  i turned the flash off, put my finger over the little orange light that comes on the front of my camera, and covered the screen on the backside of the camera with my purse so i wouldn't get caught taking the picture.  it took a long time for me to muster up the courage (and the stupidity) to break the rules!   i situated my purse just right on my lap and casually raised my knee to get the camera up a little higher, then i pushed the button!  i did it!  i broke the rule and took a picture!  i had to wait until intermission when it was "ok" to take pictures to see my awesome, illegal photo.... and here it is.............

the stinkin' lights and top of the curtain!!!!

i couldn't believe it!  all of that work just to sneak a picture and this is all i got!  i guess that was god's way of telling me i shouldn't have been deliberately breaking the rules.  shame on me, i know.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a fun night wasn't it? It is not my usual thing to do, but the music was great and getting out with Sammy SMOR is always an adventure! Lisa

nellie rae said...

so jealous! sounds so fun!!! i would have wanted to take pics TOO!!!!