Thursday, January 15, 2009

holy cow!

pic of the day #15
holy cow, it's snowing!
i had no idea it was going to snow today!  we opened the garage door this morning to leave for school, and it was snowing!  i don't think the temperature got above 20 degrees today.  it was miserably cold, and it stopped snowing way too soon!

tonight we went to park lane's skate night at BA Roller Sports.  this is my 3rd year teaching at park lane, and so far i managed to avoid having to go to skate night.  i honestly don't remember volunteering to go.  jill told me tonight that she thinks she signed me up to go with her back at the beginning of the year!  that would explain why i don't remember doing it!

colby had a great time!  spencer on the other hand....not so much.  colby kept falling down, but he got right back up again.  he started off on the carpet and then slowly worked his way onto the floor.  he even asked our counselor to skate with him!  i couldn't believe it!  he was so fun to watch!

quote of the day: "Dang, it's cold!"  ~me

p.s.  i just read on stacy julian's blog that simple scrapbooks magazine will be no more.  that is so sad for me!  that's my favorite magazine!

2 comments:

nellie rae said...

i LOVE your quote of the day. you're so cool. it was flippin' cold out today...been a long time since ive been so cold i didnt want to even drive home in my cold car! glad you snapped a pic of the flurries. i couldnt find my camera this morning!
i LOVE roller skating. did YOU skate? GO COLBY YOU ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day! I always went to the skating rink with Jacob in elementary. I don't skate anymore. I can still do it, but it makes my legs scream in agony. Lisa H. :o)