Sunday, January 11, 2009

please pray

pic of the day #11
dad

this is my dad.  i was going to blog about my wonderful weekend away with my husband, but i'll have to save that for another time.  this is more important.

tonight, i need all of you who read this to pray for my dad.  i got a call from my sister tonight saying that dad had been taken to the hospital with chest pains.  the ekg showed no signs of a heart attack, but one of the tests showed something not right with his heart.  he was transferred to the heart hospital.

the doctor did a heart cath and found that one of his 3 main arteries was 100% blocked, so he put a stint in to restore blood flow.  one of the other arteries is 80-85% blocked, which is dangerous, but for right now they are going to treat that with medicine.  the nurse told my sister that the worst is over and she didn't need to have out of town family come in, but i don't care!  that's MY dad, and i'm going to go see him in the morning.

i've always dreaded getting THAT phone call saying that something has happened to one of my parents.  i have just been sick at my stomach thinking about him tonight.  i love my dad.  he is amazing!

he's strong, funny, caring and he loves the lord.  he was a strict father growing up, but i'm glad. i wouldn't be who i am without my parents.  dad's also a bit ornery, and i'm afraid that some of that orneriness got passed through the genes straight to colby!  

i hate the thought of my dad lying in a hospital bed, but i'm so glad that the doctors were able to treat him.  i'm not ready for my dad to go home yet.  i hope god can wait a long while longer.

quote of the day:  "If a job is worth doing, it's worth doing right."  ~my dad







No comments: