Sunday, February 1, 2009

lazy sunday


well, spencer was sick today, so we didn't go to church.  i took him to the urgent care clinic, and the doctor said he's just got a virus.  it's probably the same thing daryl and i have had.  his tonsils were so swollen, and he sounded so funny when he talked, we were afraid he had strep, but the test came back negative.  (i took a picture of spencer's tonsils, but he didn't want me to post it on my blog.  he said that's just weird and gross!)

but the good thing is, spencer is the best little patient!  he is so sweet when he is sick!  when he asks me to get something for him, he always says please, and then when i get it he says thank you! he doesn't whine, and he's not grouchy!  i hope he always stays that way.  some woman will love having a husband who isn't a big baby when he's sick!


my brother called me this afternoon and asked me if i wanted a 3-foot(ish) plastic santa to go along with my plastic snowman i got this past christmas.  of course i said yes!!!  he said someone just set it by the dumpster at his apartment complex, and he'd go get it for me.  then he told me to apologize to daryl for adding another piece to my collection!  he even sent me a picture of it already! my brother rocks!
pic of the day #32
santy claus
about an hour ago, i decided i wanted to reorganize and rearrange my "studio"  aka ("too much crap" according to daryl), and boy, is it a mess in there!  what a stupid, stupid idea to tackle such a task this late on a school night!  what was i thinking?  you know, if daryl would just move out of that room, it would be so much easier to store everything! :)
maybe when i get it all done, (not tonight) i will post an after picture!

today's quote comes straight from spencer.  he was asking me about some of my favorite bible verses, and one of them is the one that says God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  and then he jumped up and said he had something like that he wrote down one night when he was thinking about pizza.  he came back with this:

quote of the day:  "Yesterday's gone; today is passing.  But the Lord our God is everlasting."  ~Spencer Hayes  

How awesome is that?

3 comments:

GiGi said...

super duper cool santa!! your bro is way awesome!!! love that. can't believe you're reorganizing AGAIN!!! already? hey, when am i coming over to create kits? maybe after everyone is well and the house has been fumegated with lysol?

GiGi said...

oh, and forgot to say that spence is amazing with his quote. that sweet boy. :)

Anonymous said...

Great quote Spencer! I am thinking you may have a brilliant mind in there! Amy, your room looks like a lot of work to tackle. I think you need floor to ceiling shelves with doors for storage! That is a LOT of stuff!Lisa H.