Tuesday, April 21, 2009

distracted....

a little while ago, colby decided it was time to learn to ride his bike without training wheels.  so daryl said he would help him thursday night when he got home.  well that wasn't soon enough for mr. colby.  he wanted to learn tonight!
photo of the day #110
learning to ride
so while i was walking across the street to take pictures from another angle, i noticed this amazing sunset! before i knew it, i was completely distracted and nearly to the end of our street taking pictures of this:

and then i noticed how beautiful the colors of the sunset looked behind the silhouette of this lone pine tree in an empty lot.  next thing i knew i was walking in this empty lot, barefoot, just so i could get pictures!  all the while colby was still trying to learn to ride his bike, which was the original reason i was outside with my camera!

as i was walking back home on the sidewalk i realized that i really like the way the smooth sidewalk feels on my bare feet.  so, of course, i had to stop and take a picture of my feet on the sidewalk!
{yes, i know, some of my toenails aren't painted!  they were, and then they just suddenly weren't!  i don't know where the paint went!}

as i was photographing my feet, i heard the clomp, clomp, clomp of little feet coming towards me.  i looked up and noticed colby was running to meet me.  apparently while i was busy being distracted, his riding lesson ended.  oh, well.

what's really funny (to me, anyway) is that this picture was originally going to be my picture of the day.  it's a windmill that i drive by many times a week.  i really love the way it looks, and since i didn't have a photo of the day at that point, i thought this would be as good a day as any to make this my photo of the day!  
quote of the day:  "The sunrise is God's greeting - the sunset, his signature."~unknown

4 comments:

Lisa Howe said...

Oh my! Those pictures of the sunset are beautiful! They give me chills! God is amazing!

GiGi said...

love the sunset pics, but, momma jo, you were supposed to be taking pics of your little one!!! :) distracted is right. hee hee.

amy said...

i did get some pics of little man! i just happened to get more pics of the sunset! :)

Kelli said...

I've been taking so many sunset pictures lately I think I could have a whole sunset album!