Saturday, April 25, 2009

a rather blustery day....

the wind was definitely sweeping across oklahoma today!  dang, it was windy!  
i had a great day....soccer at 9:00 this morning, chicken nachos at q'doba and hanging out with geeg and nellie rae this afternoon {junking and creating}.  i found these little 'weeds' growing right in the middle of this rusted junk outside of the hitching post.  i loved this picture more than all of the pictures of old stuff that i took!

photo of the day #114
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
i was not the only one fascinated with my button bonanza...joey decided he likes buttons, too. he was so funny!  he kept stealing my buttons in my 'happy' pile even though i gave him his own pile to play with!  then the little nerd bird hopped up on my jar and started taking them out after i put them in!  so i put an empty jar beside the one he was on to see if he'd put them in there, and he did!  it was probably just a fluke, but he actually did it twice!  i think we scared him when we cheered after he dropped the buttons in the jar.



joey was hilarious to watch until he pooped in my jar of buttons!  {i know.  you saw that coming, didn't you?}  i kept reposition his hiney so that it wasn't directly over the buttons, but somehow he managed to sneak a poo in!  nerd bird!

quote of the day:  "Can I fly Piglet next, Pooh?" ~Roo from the movie Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day

4 comments:

Lisa Howe said...

LOL! Oh Amy, I can always count on you for a laugh! Joey is such a fun bird! It must be a rule: To live in Amy's house you have to be funny!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelli said...

There seems to be an ongoing theme in your life! Perhaps you need to have a "poop-a-day" story to go with your "picture of the day" blog! HA! Hope Colby's better. Chet is getting there, enough so he can go to school tomorrow anyway. Are you going to the zoo?

amy said...

No, I'm not going to the zoo since I missed 3 days with Colby last week. I just think that's too many days for me to be gone even though I'd love to go! I really enjoy going to the zoo!