Wednesday, May 27, 2009

5th grade honor day

today was the day that we honored the 5th graders and the impact they've made at park lane.  and boy, has this class left an impression!!!  they have definitely been the most challenging group i've ever taught, that's for sure.

as a whole, they are energetic, boisterous and demanding!  usually a teacher has a couple of those kinds of kids in his/her class, but i've never had the majority of the class be like that!  they definitely kept me on my toes and challenged me to find new ways of reaching them.  so while they have continually kept my nerves on edge, they've also taught me endurance!  

tomorrow is my last day with them, and i wish them all well.  there are some in this class that are so talented and driven, that i know they will excel in whatever they choose to do.  then there are others that i just want to shake and scream, "believe in yourself!  you're not a loser!  stop thinking you can't do something before you even try!"  it's exciting to see what my kids become.  3 of my former students are now teachers!  how awesome is that?

the picture below is my team....my friends.  i'm so blessed to work with such dedicated teachers!  next year one of us won't be teaching 5th grade.....{sigh}.  thanks budget cuts.

photo of the day #146
my team
quote of the day:  "Fifth grade rocks!" ~me

1 comment:

Lisa Howe said...

Yay Amy! Another year done... You are an amazing teacher. Those kids are really blessed to have you in their lives!