Monday, October 26, 2009

hello monday


i worked 12 hours today! yes, you read that correctly.....12 long hours.

part of it is my fault because i didn't go to my school over the weekend like i told myself i would, so i had to go early to do the work i should have already done. and then i stayed late because i had to prepare for a sub tomorrow. i am going to be in a vertical team meeting all day! yippee.

i had another meeting today from about 2:15-3:00. a sub was watching my class, and in that 45 minutes i got a glimpse of what tomorrow will be like. HOLY COW!!! when i walked back in the first thing i noticed was that one of my kids was holding her lost puppy! she'd been carrying a "lost puppy" sign around with her all day asking people if they'd seen her dog, and then suddenly it was in my classroom on the 2nd floor of the school! i'm still not real sure how that happened.

another one of my kids sent himself to the office because he said he just couldn't take it anymore with the substitute!!! it's weird to me how so many kids think they have the option of just leaving class when they don't like what's happening! geez, i wish i could just leave every time i got irritated with them.

my camera is temporarily misplaced in my car. all of the stuff we used for trunk or treat is still in my car, and i think the camera is somewhere among all the destruction! since today is 10/26, my photo of the day will come from the 10th folder in my picture file, 26th picture. let's see what it is.....{i don't like it, so i lets' go with the 25th picture!}
photo of the day
colby watching his first BA fireworks
random quote of the day: "Why do people in ship mutinies always ask for "better treatment?" I'd ask for a pinball machine because with all that rocking back and forth you'd probably be able to get a lot of free games." ~Jack Handy

1 comment:

Lisa Howe said...

You had a really long day! I love that picture of Colby. I think I will take a cue from your student and send myself to the office tomorrow. :o)