Sunday, January 3, 2010

today, january 1

bunco!

tonight i played bunco for the first time! {i mean for cash!} lisa invited me to play with her bunco group. i didn't have any idea money was involved until i got there.

i had a great time. that group of women who play together is a hoot! some of them are as different as night and day, but they still get together once a month to play. the oldest member of the group is in her 80s, and she's a serious bunco player!

lisa told me that the new person usually wins a bunco prize, but i didn't believe her. at the end of the 4 games, they started shouting things out like,

"who had the last bunco?" ~not me

"who had the most buncos?" ~not me

"who had the most wins?" ~guess what! not me, either.

"who had the most losses?" ~that would be me....15 losses and 9 wins. and who knew there would be a prize for the biggest loser??? i won 10 bucks for playing such a lousy game! how awesome is that?
photo of the day: january 1, 2010
bunco buddies
Blessing of the day: Lisa Howe....i love you! you're an amazing lady and friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was fun! I am so glad you got to play with us. I miss you so much!! Lisa Howe