Sunday, August 24, 2008

random pics



What's the point of this picture?  There isn't one!!!

It just makes me smile!  This little guy greeted us every morning as we drove to school last year, and one day I just decided to take a picture of him!  I don't know what happened to him, but he's not there this year.  It makes me sad to drive by his house and not see him perched up waiting to greet me with his cheesy little smile.


Since yesterday's post was so serious, I decided to lighten up today.  So I started looking through my "Random Pics" file to find a picture that spoke to me, and this is what I found.  I love taking random pictures especially of things that make me smile.  They're totally rANdOm... somtimes the pics are silly statues, like Frog, and sometimes they're pictures of nature...God's awesome power and beauty all in one snapshot.

So, here's your challenge:  While you are driving to work or wherever you go on a regular basis find something around you that either makes you smile or strikes you as God's beauty.  If you have a digital camera, I would love to see the pictures you take!  I don't know how you can add them to the comments, so just email them to me (if you want to share) and I'll upload them to my blog as I get them!!!  Here's my email address:  extraemail73@yahoo.com


P.S.  I'm giving a shout-out to those of you who are reading this blog and aren't sure about leaving comments because you don't know if I would mind or not.  (E and Summer :) )  Let me say this....I love getting comments!!!  It's like getting a gift every day!!

8 comments:

nellie rae said...

i love the way you think Ames. I love that you see the fun things out of life.
I LOVE YOUR CHALLENGE! So going to do this and email you what i come up with!!!! cant wait to do it! SO FUN!

amy said...

yay!

i'm loving this blogging stuff!! i think i may be spending too much time on it though....going to check out your blog for today! can't wait to see what you've done!

nellie rae said...

http://www.getpaint.net/
go to that website and download (for FREE) the photo editing program i have. it not only does photo editing but you can create cool word things (like my welcome friends, etc. that i have on there, also my nellie logo)
you can edit your photos to black and white and sepia and SO MANY other things. its the only program i have. i've self taught myself, but it isnt too hard. we need to have a night where we can all get together to learn blog and editing tricks!

GiGi said...

Oooooooh. Love this challenge. I know exactly what I would like to take a pic of - I just have to figure out how. It's a pic I've been wanting to take for a very long time. It's a place that I drive by almost daily. :)

amy said...

Yay!! I love a person who loves a challenge. Can't wait to see your picture.

summer said...

amy,
thanks for the challenge...everywhere i go i look to see if i can take a cool picture. i really love photography but mainly focus on people...candids are my favorite. you've helped me open my eyes to find new and interesting photos. i get so wrapped up in whats going on right at the moment that i forget to take it ALL in. anyway, i am sending a package to Nellie with all sorts of fun stuff for y'all!!!!! p.s. your varmints are adorable.

amy said...

summer!!!!!

i'm so glad you've joined us! i checked out your blog earlier...very cute. i love all the dots! you have adorable children, by the way. i can't believe cora is that big already!! it seems like we just saw you the other day and she was still in your tummy! :)

that stuff looks awesome!! thank you!!

i'm glad you've found new things to take pictures of! I love taking pictures! It's a good thing i have a digital camera....i don't make enough money to buy that much film!

summer said...

ditto...film was killing me, but now i have discs of picture that call at me from the box "print me, print me!" i walk by the box and think to myself {i never talk back to myself, promise} if you are on the disc, then i don't have to scrapbook you yet! he,he,he! i hope school is going good for you...amazing to me that you can be a teacher, mother, and blogger!!!p.s. did you see the video bar at the bottom of my blog? you need to check out charlie and the first clip with hannah montana!!! cute, cute, cute!