Sunday, January 4, 2009

love-hate relationship

pic of the day #4


there is a love-hate relationship between these two items and me, and they are both located on my nightstand.

 i absolutely adore the item on the left!!!  it is the control for my side of our electric heating pad.  each night about an hour or two before i go to bed, i crank that baby up as high as it will go, open a window (or patio door sometimes) to cool off the room and shut the bedroom door behind me.  when it's time for bed, our room is so cold you could hang meat in there!!! but then i crawl into my warm covers and just sigh....ahhhhh.....  

the item on the right makes me cringe when i look at it.  it's my alarm clock.  i haven't used it in two weeks, and it's been divine.  i don't even use it on sundays to get up for church.  i make daryl set his alarm, and when it goes off he tells me to get up!  i know that makes absolutely no sense, but who cares?  i hate alarm clocks that much!!!  but tomorrow i have to use it again because it's time to go back to work after my long winter break.  bleh...  i know all of you people with "real jobs" have already gone back, but those of us with easy jobs who get our summers and holidays off are just now getting our lazy carcasses up and returning to work.  i hate getting out of my warm bed and into a cold shower.  i will hit snooze on the alarm clock for about an hour before i actually get up!  thank goodness daryl has learned to deal with that!

so i'm going to bed now.  time to get rested up for the chaos that awaits me tomorrow!  (i just hope my hermit crabs didn't die over the break!  if they did, it's going to STINK in my classroom!)

quote of the day:  "That which does not kill us only makes us stronger." ~Steel Magnolias

No comments: