Saturday, January 3, 2009

wii exercise

  
tonight i decided i need to CHANGE my sedentary lifestyle and get off my hiney!  i watched a show last night about living healthier and this guy hung a punching bag in his garage and punched the snot out of it for his exercise!  i thought it would be so much fun to have a punching bag in my garage, but i know that will never happen.  so the next best thing is wii boxing!!!!  a couple of minutes of wii boxing and i'm sweating, panting and hurting!!!  

i set the kitchen timer for 30 minutes and duked it out with spencer and colby.  i kept myself moving between rounds by walking/jogging in place.  we alternated boxing and tennis.  the time went by surprisingly fast!  of course i didn't win a single boxing or tennis match,  but exercising AND enjoying it was the real win for me!  woo hoo!

photo of the day #3
wii exercise


quote of the day:  "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."  ~Maria Robinson

4 comments:

nellie rae said...

that's awesome! i wish i had wii...SO BAD! good for you! do that three times a week and you're good to go!!!! i bet colby kicked your trash. he did MINE! little stinker! that is awesome. good for you Ames!!!!!!! and i love that pic of you! your hair is getting so long!

amy said...

my arms are sore today, but it's ok!

colby actually took that picture! does that count as being one of my photos of the day???

nellie rae said...

of COURSE! anyone can take the picture as long as it was something that tells YOUR story for YOUR day!...that's my take anyway! i bet your arms are sore! my whole body was sore after i played with the boys!

Anonymous said...

So proud of you Buttons! Keep it up! Won't it be awesome to shop for smaller sizes! You can do it! I won't bring you any more Dr. Pepper's!! Lisa H. :o)