Friday, May 15, 2009

not a bad day!

i was expecting another cruddy day, but it actually wasn't that bad!  my students were way calmer today than they have been the rest of the week.  maybe they're running out of things to say finally!

my awesome friend, gina, drove all the way from jenks today just take me to lunch!  how cool is that?  it was a much needed break.  thank you, geeg....you rock!

the most exciting part of my day was this afternoon when one of my kids found a "huge crawdad" in a puddle by my classroom.  i sent them out with a little container to put it in, but one of them came back in carrying it by the tail!  

i know i've already had a crawdad as my picture of the day, but this is all i've got!

photo of the day #134
another crawdad
i let the boy that caught it take it home.  {just fyi...it was the same kid who brought his dog's toenails to school at the beginning of the year.}

random quote of the day: I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas. 
~Jack Handey

1 comment:

Lisa Howe said...

Glad you had a better day. I hope you got the boys all settled in last night. We missed you after you left!