Thursday, June 25, 2009

another weird day


today wasn't one of my favorite days so far in my life. it started out just fine, but after lunch it just got really weird.

i took the boys to freddy's for burgers and custard. after that we were going to stop by hobby lobby and exchange something colby bought that didn't work right. but as we were leaving, my stomach started to hurt. i thought maybe i was just full and the pain would go away. it didn't. i made it out to the car, started it and told the boys to stay put while i ran back in to go to the bathroom. i thought i was going to puke or pass out before i made it to the toilet!

by the time i made it in the stall my breathing was all messed up. i was taking extremely shallow breaths, and i suddenly became very limp. i had to sit down. then i just started sweating. every pore in my body started leaking! no joke...i had sweat running down my face, and i still wasn't breathing right. and my stomach was still hurting.....BAD! the whole time i was worried about the boys being outside in the car ALONE and how i was going to drive us home without passing out.

when my breathing finally settled down, i decided i better go back out to the car. when i got there, spencer said, "mom you look terrible. are you ok?"

colby just asked, "what took you so long?"

i didn't know how long i was in the bathroom, but spencer said it was about 15 minutes. he said if i hadn't come out by 12:30 he was going back into freddy's to ask someone for help. he was so sweet {and extremely worried.}.

the whole way home i just kept repeating the same prayer over and over, "please help me God. get us home safely. please help me God. get us home safely." and praise God he answered my prayer like i asked! we made it home safely.

spencer told me to just go to bed and rest, so that's what i did for the rest of the day. i guess i just have some kind of stomach bug because i spent the next couple of hours in the bathroom. i thought i would sleep, but i ended up watching shows on DVR that i had recorded.

when i was done with those and switched back to regular tv, i was bombarded with the news of michael jackson's and farrah fawcet's death! both deaths are very sad.

needless to say, i didn't take many pictures today! although i managed to get a picture of colby dipping his fries in his vanilla custard! maybe that's what made me sick!

photo of the day #175
gross
quote of the day: "Mom, I just need to take a little siesta. I was really worried about you earlier." ~Spencer

2 comments:

Lisa Howe said...

Sorry to hear you had such a scare! That is terrible. I hope you are feeling better! Strange how fast it come on.

Teresa said...

That sounds scary but something I have had happen to me. I am so glad you are ok now and what a blessing to have such sweet kids. God is good!!!