Sunday, June 21, 2009

happy father's day

tonight i want to give a shout-out to the 2 best dads i know........

my dad: 
i don't know where to start.  there are so many things about Dad that make his so special.  

he is one of the funniest people i know.  just looking at him you wouldn't believe that he's quite the prankster!  the stories he tells from his childhood are hilarious!  like the time he burned the teacher's paddle in the woodstove, or the time he put a cow in the principal's office!  there are so many other stories that just make me smile.  {i know you this may come as a surprise to most of you, but i can be a bit ornery myself.  i must get that from Dad!}

Dad is also very strict.  growing up i thought that was terrible to have such a demanding father, but now i am so grateful for his leadership.  Dad taught me to respect authority and elders.  that quality is something that is desperately missing in our society today.  maybe i could send all my students for training at my dad's house!

the most important lesson my dad taught me is to honor God above everything else.  rain, sleet, snow or hail when the doors were open at church, we were there.  our work schedules were planned around worship times.  i'm so blessed to have a father who saw the importance of the entire FAMILY attending worship together.

and i know that my dad must have been praying a long time for God to bring the right man into my life because God did just that.  now let's talk about the next best dad:  their dad. 
you can tell from the looks on spencer's and colby's faces that these boys adore their dad.  i didn't even have to beg them for this picture!

daryl is such a great father.  he loves these boys with all his heart. {sometimes i get jealous when he loves on them more than me! :) }

he spends time with them.  he plays with them.  he coaches soccer teams.  he tucks them in every night and tells them that he loves them. he studies the bible with them, and he prays for them and with them.

i am so grateful to God for these two men.  what would my life be without them? {empty.}

photo of the day #171
happy father's day
this is how spencer greeted daryl this morning!  from left to right the signs read "happy father's day."  how cool is that?

quote of the day:  I love my father as the stars - he's a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart.  ~Adabella Radici

2 comments:

Lisa Howe said...

LOL! Was that toilet paper hanging from the ceiling fan? You are a very blessed lady to have those two men in your life. Many people only get one good guy like that! Your thoughts about dad's made me leak!

amy said...

Yes, that's toilet paper!