Tuesday, June 23, 2009

pictures

as of 30 minutes ago, i hadn't taken any pictures today! can you believe that? i even had my camera with me all day.

my first idea for a picture was of all the lightning bugs i saw on my way home from bible study. i think lightning bugs have to be one of the absolute coolest insects that God created! but i couldn't get a good picture while i was driving. i really needed to pull off the side of the road for that, and i didn't think that was very safe on the road i was on. here's my first attempt at my photo of the day. {no bugs. boo.}

when i got home from bible study i just walked around my house looking for things to photograph.

i tried to get a good picture of my new, old chalkboard, but none of them turned out like i wanted. it is a really happy chalkboard, though!

then i realized spencer wasn't in the living room with colby and daryl. he was in his room already in bed with the lights out pretending to be asleep. i snapped this really cute picture of him and thought that would be a good photo of the day. but later i found out that he was in his room because he'd gotten in trouble while i was gone. he told me he was just bored. no photo of the day for YOU!

so then i thought, "i don't have very many pictures of squirt, and he's so cute! he can be my picture of the day!" the weird little guy has started chewing on his cage when we come in! i don't know why....maybe he's teething!
i opened his cage, stuck my camera in and just started snapping pictures. i love this one because he looks like one of those animals with ginormous heads! so here is my

photo of the day #173
big-headed squirt

quote of the day: “The happiest people are those who think the most interesting thoughts. Those who decide to use leisure as a means of mental development, who love good music, good books, good pictures, good company, good conversation, are the happiest people in the world. And they are not only happy in themselves, they are the cause of happiness in others.” ~William Lyon Phelps

3 comments:

Lisa Howe said...

Squirt looks so cute! Too bad he is so mousish! Scary!!! Very cute though. Did you pepper the pig tonight? LOL!

Lisa Howe said...

Ohhh....forgot to tell you, and you got away quick after Bible study... Thanks for my jars, I already filled up one of them!

amy said...

I peppered the pig, and you are welcome for the jars! I was hoping to get to Michaels before they closed tonight, but no luck. I pulled up at 8:55 and they close at 9:00. It wasn't meat to be.......