Sunday, July 19, 2009

swan lake

swan lake isn't just a ballet.....thank goodness!

tonight i had dinner with lisa and gina. then we were on our way to utica square to walk around and take pictures when lisa said, "there's swan lake." i had never been there or even heard of it. so gina turned the car around and we went to swan lake. it is like a secret garden in the middle of tulsa.

it is beautiful! it's a pond surrounded by all kinds of plants and flowers, and there is an actual swan that lives there! there are also some adorable ducks with adorable orange feet! {did you know that ducks scratch their heads with their feet just like dogs?}

i kept trying to get a picture of the swan, but he was too busy biting himself the whole time we were there! he just wasn't cooperating. but i still got some really awesome pictures! {at least i think they're awesome!} check lisa's and maybe gina's blog for some more awesome pictures!


photo of the day #199
i just like this row of pots

the best part of the evening wasn't all the awesome pictures we took. it was being with people that i love. the older i get the more grateful i am to god for the people he puts in my life. i love my friends. {eyes are leaking.}

quote of the day: "If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart. I'll stay there forever." ~Winnie the Pooh

3 comments:

Lisa Howe said...

I had fun too, Amy and I am so grateful for your friendship. God sent you into my life, just in time!

Kristine said...

Friends are the family WE choose...at least that is how I see it. :>) I am so glad you enjoyed some quality time with good friends!

nellie rae said...

awesome pictures ames! looks like you had a GREAT TIME! so sorry i couldnt make it!...and LOVE those pots. so cute.