Sunday, August 23, 2009

debut

today was daryl's "debut" at adams blvd. church of christ. he preached about being unified in christ....an army of one. of course it was an incredible sermon because he's an awesome preacher!

the coolest part of it all was that our great friends, the stewarts and the howes, came all the way up to bartlesville to be with us on this special day. it meant so much to me to have them there. i truly believe that one of god's wisest and best gifts to us is friendship. when i think back on my 35 years, i'm just so thankful for the people he placed in my life at just the right times.

so with a little help from abbey, we snuck some pictures of my friends! they HAD to be my photos of the day. unfortunately, though, the pew wasn't long enough for all of us to sit together, so brett and geeg sat right behind us. that's why there are 2 photos of the day!

photo of the day #233 A
brett and geeg
photo of the day #233 B
abbey, jacob, lisa and kim
quote of the day: "If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart. I'll stay there forever." ~Winnie the Pooh

{i think i've used this one before, but i don't care. i like it!}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your new church!! It is awesome. Nice people, nice facilities, and the preacher is really cool!!! Lisa Howe :o)