Sunday, January 17, 2010

today, january 17

today i went to worship, ate lunch at hunan, and then slept all afternoon! i wasn't planning to sleep that long, but the room was dark and the bed was warm! i couldn't help myself. everyone else was watching the cowboys lose to the vikings so it was also nice and quiet upstairs.

after my nap we went to the annual singing night with the adams blvd. and dewey churches of christ. this year it was in dewey. the singing was beautiful....a glimpse of what heaven will be like. we sang "the lord bless you and keep you" with the 7-fold amen, and when it was over i had goosebumps all over and tears in my eyes. it reminded me of chapel at oklahoma christian.

we had supper at mcalister's deli. i stepped out of my little box and had something completely different...havarti grilled chicken panini with chipotle peach sauce. it was yummy! colby and spencer both got super spuds which are actually 2 baked potatoes put together. i didn't think about how big those were when i ordered! when they set that down in front of colby i thought there was NO WAY he was going to even make a dent in that!

boy was i wrong! not only did he make a dent, he ate the whole thing! as we were leaving he loudly said, " that was a good tater!" don't you think that would make a great slogan for mcalisters?
daily grateful: a cappella music

2 comments:

Kristine said...

It is one of my favorite things...a cappella music. It is amazing how I have come to love it in such a short amount of time. :)

Lisa Howe said...

Singing like that makes you feel so good! I believe the human voice is the most beautiful instrument, because God made it! Amazing that so many mediocre singers mixed with a few excellent ones and few really bad ones, can still sound like a heavenly chorus to our ears!
I slept the day away too! It was awesome, but I woke up with a headache! Ugh!