Saturday, January 23, 2010

yesterday, january 22 and today, january 23

yesterday was a good day. it was hectic at school, but not bad. we had a fire drill, then a tornado drill, followed by a lock-down drill....good times at jane phillips elementary!

last night we went to hear my niece and nephew perform with the edmond memorial choir at victory episcopal church in downtown tulsa. other schools performed, and the singing was so beautiful. that old church was designed for music, so i think it's a shame that they have all those big pipe organs everywhere. oh, well. i didn't get any good pictures from the performance because they wouldn't allow flash photography.
photo of the day
1.22.10

today the boys and i spent the entire day at my school redoing my classroom. i started working there in october, and it's taken until now to have the desire to make the room my own. it's way past time, and today i was actually excited about doing it! i didn't get finished, so i'm going back up there tomorrow to hopefully finish. can you believe i'm going to forfeit my sunday afternoon nap to work in my classroom??? {me either, i'll believe it when i see it!}
photo of the day
1.23.10
totally random gnome picture
daily grateful: my job

2 comments:

Lisa Howe said...

lad to hear you mad so much progress in your room. I wonder if the kids will be surprised Monday morning with what you have done? :o)

Lisa Howe said...

Wow! I guess I could have proof read that first... Glad.... made.