Thursday, February 12, 2009

can i stay home tomorrow

i really don't want to go to school tomorrow!!!  today was bad enough, but tomorrow is the day we HAVE to celebrate valentine's day. ugh.  the kids are crazy on party days, and i hate valentine's day anyway!  i tried to talk my homeroom out of doing this party, but it was a no-go. 

last year i was blessed enough to have to stay home with a sick child, but it's not happening this year.  unless one of the varmints (or me) wakes up in the middle of the night puking, then i have to go.

not only do i have to endure a party, but i also have to listen to the other half of the science reports the kids are giving!  the reports and presentations themselves aren't bad at all, it's all the plagiarism and mommy-written reports that kill me.  today alone i had 2 plagiarized reports, 2 mommy-written reports and 1 friend-written report!  i just don't get it! why do people cheat?

the bright spot of tomorrow, though, is that i get to hang out with my friends at church tomorrow night and create!  i need some creative time!  i need some friend time, too!

i was driving home this afternoon, and i finally stopped and took a picture of this sign.  i don't know why i like it so much.  it's nothing special, but i want it!

photo #43
keep out



quote of the day:  "Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today." ~Abraham Lincoln

until just now, i always thought this was my dad's quote!  he was always saying, "don't put off until tomorrow what can be done today."  i wonder if he knows he was quoting Lincoln.  i'm sure he does; my dad's a smart man!

2 comments:

GiGi said...

wish you could stay home tomorrow so that you get stuff together for tomorrow night. can't wait for creative {and friend} time either, girlie! hootie hoo!! can't wait to use that quote with ab either. especially since she LOVES abraham lincoln. she's always been fascinated by him. hopefully she'll accept that more coming from him than me!!

Anonymous said...

I truly wish I couls have a 4 day work week every week. I don't see any way to make that happen, though. :o( In the meantime, I will just try to muster some enthusiasm. Yay, work! Lisa H.