Sunday, May 10, 2009

mother's day

even though i feel like i could cough up my toenails at any moment, i've had a great mother's day! colby was well enough this morning that we were able to go to worship and hear another inspiring sermon by one of the best preachers in the world!

then my boys took me to lunch at applebee's.  i was craving their chicken salad for some strange reason.  that is usually not my first choice of restaurants, but today it was.

after lunch they gave me the most awesome presents!!!  colby had planned to paint a picture for me, but he since he got sick friday he was stuck at home with me all weekend.  he couldn't get the picture painted, so he let spencer and daryl pick out a gift for me.  so colby gave me this super-cute green, black and gray shirt.  love it!

spencer's gift floored me...you know the saying, "it's the thought that counts"?  well spencer put a lot of thought into his gift.  two months ago he made arrangements with my good friend, lisa smor, to knit something for me.  at the time he didn't know what he wanted to give me, so he trusted lisa to figure something out AND he even worked out a payment plan with her!!!  so this is part one of my gift from spencer:
photo of the day #129
felted camera bag!
it is so cute!  it's purple wool that's been felted.  it is the perfect size for my camera!  lisa even embroidered an 'A' and {with the help of gina smor} added these adorable buttons! 
 i {heart} my new camera case!

part 2 of my gift from spencer was also handmade.....by spencer!  he took 3 square frames and made artwork for studio A!!!  two of the frames have quotes about moms and the other frame has a picture of my two precious varmints.  how cool is that?  my eyes got all leaky when i was reading the quotes and thinking about the time and effort he put into this gift.  so sweet!

aren't mothers awesome?  i'm not saying that because i am one, but because i have one!  my mother's day blog post wouldn't be complete without giving a shout-out to my amazing mom!
this is my mom...aka grammy.
isn't she pretty?
thank you, mom....

for drinking all that nasty castor oil so i could be in this world today.
for loving dad and being a devoted wife.
for teaching me how to make chicken and dumplins!
for singing in worship so i could learn to sing alto.
for loving music and dancing around the house when we were kids!
for teaching bible class.
for NOT dressing me in prissy clothes even though i'm sure you wanted to!
for letting me play outside and get dirty.
for cleaning up my puke in the car {sorry about that.}
for growing beautiful flowers.
and for loving me when i haven't always been easy to love!

3 comments:

Lisa Howe said...

I always either laugh or cry when I read your post. Sometimes I laugh till I cry, and sometimes I laugh, then cry. You got me the second way today. The eyes are leaking! Hugs to you. Glad you had a great day. I, too, salute your mom! I know she is amazing because you are amazing. So thank you Mrs. Sprayberry for such an awesome friend!

Kelli said...

Sounds like you had an awesome Mother's Day, too! Love how much thought and love Spencer put in to his gifts! No wonder your eyes were so leaky! If I were you my eyes might leak every time I walk in to Studio A. That is so sweet!
You rock (and so does your mom)!

Anonymous said...

What a nice Mother's Day you had! And such thoughtful boys! I love your new camera bag, too. I had a sneak peak at one point, but I hadn't seen the totally finished product. Wow!

Yay for mothers everywhere!

Samantha