Wednesday, January 20, 2010

yesterday, january 19 and today, january 20

yesterday was another non-eventful day. i was even wondering what i would take a picture of to represent my day! i took a picture of myself driving home after school...nah. and then i took a picture of a squirrel that i nearly ran over....nah. and then when i walked in the door, i knew what my picture of the day should be.....rocky. every single day he greets me at the door barking hysterically and wagging his little body. it's so nice to have something that exciting to greet me!
photo of the day
1.19.10

today the weather was so beautiful that i decided to get out and go to lunch. so i went to my favorite sonic in the world, right here in bartlesville, oklahoma. i think i've mentioned this one before, but i just love it. all of the employees are super-nice, and the service is quick! when the guy brought me my food today (on skates, no less! they all wear skates!) he asked me if he could get me anything else, so i asked him for 15 straws. i told him my class needed straws for a math assignment we were doing this afternoon, so he reached in his apron and gave me a handful!

then he told me that the carhops at that location had decided to have a fundraiser on saturday. they're going to be showing off their moves on their skates as they deliver food, and they are going to give ALL of their tips to help people in Haiti! how cool is that? i'm definitely going to make a special trip across town to visit that sonic on saturday!

my sonic is so awesome that i just had to call the corporate office and brag on them!

photo of the day
1.20.10
my sonic

tonight i taught the kindergartners and first graders at church. yikes! we were talking about how we could shine like stars in this dark world. during craft time one of them, my own child maybe, decided to decorate me! how cute!

daily grateful: stars

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute picture,good choice

Anonymous said...

How awesome is it that the Sonic people are donating their tips to Haiti? Amazing what people will do to help others! That makes me teary! You should call a radio station and give them some publicity, or even email channel 6 KOTV and tell them. The more people that go, the more donations. :o) Lisa Howe

Anonymous said...

PS... The sock monkeys gave me a little scare. Thanks for the warning! Not!!! :o) Lisa Howe